Downtown Orlando Real Estate and Downtown Orlando Condos for Sale
Described as the heart of Orlando’s “City Beautiful,” Downtown Orlando is a truly metropolitan area – vibrant, alive, diverse – perfect for urbanites happy to be living in the middle of everything.
Downtown Orlando residents enjoy the city’s many work, shopping, dining, educational, and entertainment opportunities. At the same time, they appreciate the tranquility of Downtown Orlando’s lovely green spaces and lakes.
The district is also located a short drive to outside attractions:
- 30 minutes to Disney World
- Golf resorts studding the Greater Orlando area
Neighborhoods and Real Estate
- Thornton Park – Stylish with its European vibe and brick-lined streets, Thornton Park attracts many artists and academics, as well as younger homeowners. Housing options: Diverse – from modern condos to single-family Old Florida-style bungalows to Tudor-style estates
- South Eola District – Built around Lake Eola Park, the district hosts many popular events like the Sunday Farmer’s Market or Spring Fiesta at the Park. Homeowners will delight in the many shopping and dining choices. Housing options: A lot, from old-school apartments to luxury condos and townhomes
- Lake Cherokee Historic District – So-named for a reason: more than 100 historical structures stand near the lake. Housing options: The upscale Lake Cherokee-Delaney Park neighborhood has many larger single-family homes, mansions, and estates in a variety of architectural styles like Old Key West, Colonial Revival, and Mediterranean
- Uptown – A self-sustaining, mixed-use development where commercial workspaces, residences and open spaces co-exist. It’s similar to the financial district but on a more compact scale. Housing options: Condominiums built in contemporary and Mission styles
- College Park – Situated close to Winter Park, this well-appointed neighborhood is one of Orlando’s most desirable places to live. Housing options: A mix of quiet, small-town charm and the convenience of urban life through old-style homes on tree-lined avenues close to the vibrant Downtown area
- Lake Eola Heights Historic District – Listed in the National Register of Historic Places, with homes dating back to the 1890s. Housing options: Stunning examples of bungalows and other turn-of-the-century dwellings lovingly restored, maintained, and updated with modern conveniences and “green” energy efficiency in architectural styles such as Craftsman, Mediterranean Revival, Farmhouse and Art Deco; new condos, single-family, and luxury homes
Distinct neighborhoods, a variety of housing options, and proximity to schools and businesses, make Downtown Orlando desirable to homebuyers.
The data relating to real estate displayed on this website comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) Program of My Florida Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified. Listing information is provided for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.